What is a positive affirmation? Simply put, positive affirmations are statements that declare specific goals. Affirmations are designed to reflect the things you want to be true in your life.
Daily affirmations motivate us and enable us to change the way that we think in a positive way. Affirmations have the ability to transform our external lives by first transforming us internally.
Five Benefits of Daily Affirmations
1. Positive daily affirmations will help to give you new confidence about yourself and your life.
2. Daily affirmations help you become more aware of your thoughts and the words you speak, which in turn reduces the risk of allowing negativity to seep in.
3. Positive affirmations enhance your feelings of gratitude, which can, in turn, boost your feeling of happiness.
4. Studies show that optimistic people have better cardiovascular health, and reciting daily affirmations helps you to stay positive.
5. Daily affirmations help you to remain in a constant state of gratitude.
Keep in mind that our words have power. We must always be careful with the words that we choose to allow out of our mouths. Our words, good or bad, actually frame the world in which we live. Just as we can speak positive, life-giving words, we can also speak words that are negative and will lead to death.
When you choose to utter statements such as “I’m broke” or “I’m sick”, you are actually causing those things to manifest in your life. Even though you may be experiencing something negative at the moment, practicing an attitude of gratitude, and speaking positively will help to change your situation.
Think about this – If a negative thought process has landed you where you are now, can you even begin to imagine where you would be if those negative thoughts were replaced by positive thoughts? We all know that you can’t live a positive life with a negative mind. If you change your mindset, you change your life.